Sunday, December 8, 2013

JavaScript

I have begun learning web development. I would like to learn how to spruce up my own webpage at brookspatton.net as well as possibly switch from the Systems Administration career that I am currently in to Web Developer. I purchased a basic introductory course at Udemy called How to Become a Web Developer from Scratch. While the class itself costs $199, I was able to get a coupon for 75% off which made it much more affordable.

So far I enjoy the class, and it is definitely worth the money that I paid for it. Of course I've only just completed the second chapter, JavaScript. There are many other chapters for me to complete, but this post is going to be focused on JavaScript

There are many Web programming languages which have been designed for creating interactive web sites. Just a few of them are PHP, Ruby, and of course JavaScript

All of these technologies are useful, and they all have a good potential for employment opportunities should I choose to switch careers. However I believe that JavaScript is the first of these languages that I should learn, and potentially attempt to master. One of the resources that I plan to use is a bootcamp called Hack Reactor which teaches JavaScript (I'm not sure if they teach JavaScript exclusively)

Of course these bootcamps require you to know at least a little about the language before applying, so that is what I'm doing. Learning the basics of JavaScript. And I plan on using this blog to help me do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment